You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates You have not had hot water or heating for some time The landlord s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success Write a

Dear Mr. Shelby,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with your water heating system in your apartment which you have rented to me and my flatmates past six months during the summers.

From the beginning of my stay in your rental residence, the thermostat was non-functional and you have promised to fix it in a couple of next days. However, it is almost six months and winters have been started. Thus, we are facing a hard time using water due to the cold weather. Since the water is too cold in winters, we expected you to fix the problem with the thermostat. Apart from this, the problems I and my roommates are facing that we could not wash utensils and clothes with cold water due to its hardness. I feel terribly for the past few weeks in these winters without hot water. Besides, I got sicked to use cold water during daily household activities in the house.

Fortunately, I have found a new thermostat that comes at a nominal price, and it would be feasible for you to buy the item. I have enclosed the shop and model details of the machine with this letter. If you will not fix the problem as early as possible, not only all the tenants including me in your house will get sick and annoyed with your services but also they will take strict action against your hospitality. Therefore, I request you to please fix the problem and will be grateful to you for your quick resolution.

I am looking forward to seeing a positive response from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
Shwatank Bhasin

Essays by the user: