map

map

The diagram illustrates the significant changes of Lakeside from 2000 to 2009.
Overall, the 10-year period of development of Lakeside is characterized by the land conversion with the appearance of new facilities and amenities and the dramatical shrinkage of forest.
In the heart of the city, the river, running along northeast – southwest axis, is the natural border bisecting the city into 2 parts. In the eastern, the size and scale industrial complexes were expanded about 4 times relative to former one in 2000. This erlargement led to the removal of residential area in the south and the shrinkage of Woodland, and the lake into the pond in the north.
In the west, there were 2 different changes in two residentail areas. Unlike the northern residential area were remained intact, the southern one near the river experineced a land conversion into the shopping center. Sandwiched between them, the arts center were repurposed to serve as the multi screen cinema. The relocation and expansion of the nearby school occurred eastward to the school and the university. The derelict warehouses and the old town taken place a replanning into the car park and the offices