The costs of medical health care are increasing all the time. Governments are finding it difficult to balance the health care budget.Should citizens be totally responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, or is it better t

The costs of medical health care are increasing all the time. Governments are finding it difficult to balance the health care budget.

Should citizens be totally responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, or is it better to have a comprehensive health care system which provides free health services for all? Discuss.

No one can argue that healthy care is the important services that people need regarding as many countries pay attention to improve health services. Some people assert that with a rising cost of health care all the time it will be very hard for people to afford individual health care expenses. However, other people think that the responsibility of covering health services should be taken by the government, whereas some argue that it will bring many negative developments instead.

It is certainly true that it will be a huge privilege for all citizens, if the government supports all health care fees. Poorer people will be able to get full treatments and all medications without worrying anything about the charge. Free health care allows people to look after their health and be more aware about some health conditions and prevent themselves which can save many human lives and decrease incidents of serious health issues such as cancer or tuberculosis.

On the other hand, free health care leads to some effects to the government. Firstly, this policy will definitely increase the number of patients in public hospital. People will use the services excessively with unreasonable reasons such as admitting emergency frequently. As a result, it encourages abuse and wastage of resources because patients would like to ask for many medications or wait for getting expensive operations. The quality of health care systems would downgrade as over exploration of patients all the time. Secondly, this practice also affects financial status of the state since the state have to cover all expenses such as medical administrative staffs, medications and materials for procedures. The medical public many get in dept, if they have to subsidize all costs.

In conclusion, even though free health care have a vast merits for poor people, it also may lead to many negative developments for the state. From my perspective, paying health care cost should be divided by both the government and an individual. It seems the best solution for this situation. This is because, providing half-paid health services means the state still pay attention to this area but it will not over spend revenue on this part.