Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages.

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages.

There are some professionals who claim that,for children,primary schools are more appropirate environments to start learning a foreign language than secondary schools. I,personally, agree with this statement, although there may be a handful disadvantages to of this.

To begin with,a child's brain is wide-open to get accustomed to something new and something that needs a good memorizing. When they grow up a little bit,however,their thoughts become formed and if they have not practised enough a second language in early years of their childhood,the mother tongue shifts into being a skill from being a learning object. As a result,as time passes,it becomes more and more complicated to learn a foreign language.

Second,at primary schools children are not concerned too much with teaching them particularly heavy subjects like math ,physics,chemistry,history etc. Therefore,they could have a lot of free time. Beside this,they do not feel under the stress that might be created by these subjects. That is why,gaining any kind of language skills in their age group is usually full of fun and much easier. This fact itself may affect students in a good way and provide an effective environment to learn a language for them.

On the other hand,primary school teachers are not language specialists.They can only teach the basics of a foreign language. It might have a huge impact on their future if the base of a language taught to children have not been developed properly from the very beginning. This one should be considered disadvantageous side of the issue.

In conclusion,I strongly believe that,children should begin learning a second language in very early years of their lives parallel to the learning of mother tongue. So that,primary schools are more convenient places for children to gain foreign language skills rather than secondary schools.