Today TV channels broadcast men s sport shows more than women s sport shows Why Should TV channels give equal showtime for women s sport and men s sport

: Today, TV channels broadcast men’s sport shows more than women’s sport shows. Why? Should TV channels give equal showtime for women’s sport and men’s sport

In recent decades, TV channels have given preferences toward male sport programmes instead of focusing on that of women for several specific reasons. Although there are myriad of benefits when investing on men’s sport shows, I believe women’s sport programme have its own advantages.
On the one hand, there have been a growing trend toward broadcasting male’s sport programmes for a variety of purposes. Obviously, since the audiences have seemed to show a greater preference for sport matches played by males, the multimedia corporations have decided to take commercial advantages by broadcasting men’s sport shows regularly. For example, by broadcasting several well-known male’s sports shows like World Cup, NBA all stars or UEFA champion leagues, the host multimedia companies have gained huge financial benefits with myriad of lucrative advertising contracts. In addition, thanks to the primitively physical’s advantage over women,male’s sport programmes, especially outdoor activities, are seemed more attractive than that of female. Since the appealing sport matches is considered to contain not only the physical impact but also the mental competitions , the initiatively strength of the males have been suitable for outdoor sports.
On the other hand, although the audience of male’s sport show have been considerably outnumber compared to that of women, the female sport industry should be given equal opportunities. If men’s sport programme is still receive a significant priorities toward the female, the gender inequality will be increased seriously, which was the issue of numerous nations, as a result. Also, thanks to the improvement of life quality, there has been a dramatically increase in the number of people who have interest in women’s sport, which ameliorate the female’s sport industry.
In conclusion, although there has been a growing trend on showing male’s sport on multimedia, the female’s sport programme should be broadcast frequently. It is not only beneficial for TV channel but also balance the gender conflict