Buzzing TPO 19

Buzzing - TPO 19

The reading passage and the lecture are both about buzzing, which is a new tactic developed by advertising companies for consumers who ignore commercial advertisements. The author of the reading believes that buzzing should be banned and provides reasons for it. The lecturer, however, casts doubt on each of the reasons presented in the reading. He is of the opinion that the reasons given by the author are misleading and convey wrong impression.

First of all, the author argues that buyers should know if a person praising a product is actually being paid to praise the product. This specific point is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that buzzing is not just like an ordinary advertisement. Buzzers are paid but people usually get true information from buzzers about products.

Second, the author contends that buzzers pretend that they are private individuals, due to which consumers pay less attention to their endorsements than they should. The lecturer refutes this by mentioning that people do ask lots of questions about products such as products’ price, service etc. In other words, if buzzers do not have answers to those questions, people will not look forward to buy products from them.

Finally, the author posits that buzzing have a great effect on social relationships. He states that buzzers are less trustworthy to people. The speaker, on the other hand, believes that companies cannot recruit buzzers if the product is not of good quality. He puts forth the idea that buzzers are sincere and carry good products. Moreover, people who try buzzing products, buzzers always end up being trustful and open to people.