TPO 18 - sohrab

TPO 18 - sohrab

In this set of material the reading passage is about the specific kind of evergreen tree, which is going to be disappear. On the other hand, the listening passage is a lecture by a professor about Torreya tree, and disagreed the mentioned information in the reading passage.

According to the reading passage, the firs solution for saving Torreya is to reestablish it in its original location, Florida. Moreover, the writer believes that we can plant the Torreya in the suitable places with suitable microclimates, which contain wetter and cooler climate. All together, we can plant the mentioned tree in dampest area. On the other hand, professor believes that this is not going to work because of some reasons. Most importantly, the original location is going to meet warmer climate and it is going to be influenced by global warming; as a result, it is not a good solution at all.

According to the second solution that mentioned in the reading passage, people can plant the Torreya in some other regions with suitable climates to save it. To explain more, the forests further north have better situation for the Torreya. However, professor believes that this solution is not going to work like previous solution because of some reasons. She, for example, said that in later experiences, changing the location of one tree may cause some serious problems for other kind of trees in the destination area; for example, this can cause the destination trees to be killed.

According to the last solution, writer believes that it is a good option for Torreya to preserve it in research centers. However, professor believes that it is not going to work because the situation in the research centers is not similar to the original capable situation for Torreya, she, moreover, believes that the capacity of research centers is not enough for the mentioned tree.