tpo 31

tpo 31

The reading and the lecture give information about fine lines surrounded the bone skeleton of Sinosarus founded in the volcanic ashes. While the reading sugests that the fine line do not present the present of feathers on the sinosarus body, the lecture refutes the all the suggestions and provides three reasons to illustrate the points.

First, the reading mentions that the lines surrounding the skeleton bone was misinterpreted to a feather. The speakers refutes the idea. He mentions that the lines were not decompsition. Since the other animal fossiles are well preserved in the valconic ash, there is strong evidance that the sinosarase skeleton bone is well preserved too. Thus, this a clear evidence that the lines represent feahter, not as the reading indicates.

Second, contrary to what belief in the reading passage that the lines are more likely remaining of frills, the lecture mentions that there are chemical differences between feather and frills. While feather chemical stracture compose proteins and bita-carotiens, the friells contain only protiens. Study has done on the fossil indicated that it has high amount of beta-carotien, which suport the presents of feathers on sinosaras body.

Finally,feaher can also have other function rather than flying and thermoregulation. For example, some birds, like becok, spread their fathers to attract female. By studying the feahter caracteristc of Sinosaurase, scintistest found that it feather was colourfull. Therefore, there is a good chance that sinosaurs used thier feather as a disply to attract mates. Thus, This anothe suport to the argumnet that Sinosaures has feathers, and refutes the reading suggestions.

Overall, it seems that the lecture showed some discrepancies in the points illustrated in the reading material.