Read the following extract and use your own words to summarize it Your summary should bebetween 100 and 120 words long Aerosols have a strong influence on the present climate but this influence will likely be reduced over the coming decades as air polluti

**Read the following extract and use your own words to summarize it. Your summary should bebetween 100 and 120 words long.**

Aerosols have a strong influence on the present climate, but this influence will likely be reduced over the coming decades as air pollution measures are implemented around the world. At a global level, aerosols have helped to reduce the warming effect from greenhouse gas emissions, and necessary reductions in air pollution may thus make it harder to achieve ambitious global climate and environmental aims, such as the Paris Agreement's 2°C target. Furthermore, the local nature of air pollution means that the impacts of changes to aerosol emissions - on temperature, precipitation, extreme events, and health-are likely to differ widely from one place to another. Model and observational studies are beginning to assess these impacts, particularly the link between aerosols and precipitation, to elucidate the climate effects of cleaning up our air. Human influence on the climate is a tug-of-war, with greenhouse gas-induced warming being held partly in check by cooling from aerosol emissions. In a Faustian bargain, humans have effectively dampened global climate change through air pollution. Increased greenhouse gas concentrations from fossil fuel use are heating the planet by trapping heat radiation. At the same time, emissions of aerosols-particles that make up a substantial fraction of air pollution – have an overall cooling effect by reflecting incoming sunlight. Many climate effects from aerosols are, however, regional rather than global. Whereas the major greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide and methane, get distributed globally, aerosols are removed from the atmosphere in a matter of days, leading to quite different patterns of impact. A reduction in aerosol emissions - as has already occurred in the United States and Europe and is assumed to continue in most climate scenarios can be expected to have disproportionately strong impacts near emission regions, where most of the world's population lives. The effects of global warming on society are therefore different if the warming is due to loss of aerosol cooling, rather than from greenhouse gas-induced warming. Simply put, it matters not only that we limit global warming to 2°C, but also how we do it.

The extract focuses on the role of aerosols and air pollution in decelerating global warming. The author highlights the immense impact aerosols has on cooling our climate, though as air pollution eminently falters, global warming would become increasingly harder to abate. Also, variable pollution situations may reflect differently on each areas, of which effects are being studied. Green house gasses and aerosols within air pollution are the two determining factors in this matter, essentially counterbalancing the other force through redirecting sunlight. However, as air pollution is limited in range, its reduction is prone to exacerbate the adverse effect in densely populated parts of the world. It is essential to the cause for localised global warming be known, so as for the scale of halting it be tipped in the right direction.