Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for t

Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Youngsters tend to follow the advice of elders and regard them as idols at times. The company of such elders plays a major role in shaping their mindset and how they approach life. Nowadays, majority of the youngsters tend to shoot for immediate fame, which often translates to short-term fame. Planning of realistic goals spread out in a long duration is often vital to success in life in the long run. A whole array of examples are available in the world to take inspiration from.

A very common scenario is visible in academic institutions, where students long for popularity and often do not concentrate on academics, sports or extra-curricular activities. A lot of times this means acting superior to other students who lack physical strength or who are considered ‘nerds’. This instills a false sense of superiority amongst the popular students which ends up being detrimental for their career and life after high school or college. On the other hand, students who aim to achieve popularity over the course of their career, or simply in a pragmatic time-frame, have the time to go through multiple phases of life passing various checkpoints in life where they are faced a reality check. This reality check completes the feedback loop and is the main reason why long-term goals are usually more realistic and often have a success rate associated with them.

Situations like these tell us why young people should have practical and long-term goals in mind.