The diagram below shows the manufacturing process for making sugar from sugar cane Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows the manufacturing process for making sugar from sugar cane.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The flow chart illustrates how sugar is made from sugar canes.

Overall, there are 7 steps concerning the sugar production, beginning with the growing of sugar cane and ending with the manufacture of dried and cool sugar.

First, sugar canes are harvested after being planted for 12 to 18 months. The harvesting process could be done by either machine or human. Then, the trees shall be crushed to make juice before being purified in a limestone filter.

At the fifth stage, the juice is then heated in the evaporator in order to become syrup, ready for the next step which is separating sugar crystals from syrup by a centrifuge. Finally, sugar is taken into a pot for drying and cooling, after that, the process is complete.