English should not be taught in class Students can learn English with resources online by themselves

"English should not be taught in class. Students can learn English with resources online by themselves"

To what extent do you agree with the statement "English should not be taught in class. Students can learn English with resources online by themselves"

There is a comment that: "English should not be taught in class. Students can learn English with resources online by themselves". There are points for and against this idea, but overall, I don't agree with one part of the statement. In this essay, I will explain why.

In my opinion, the assertion that "English should not be taught in class" is extremely detrimental to students. Nowadays, English is a common language all over the world, and learning English is becoming a trend for many people of all different ages. Therefore, if English is not accessible to students, it is a disadvantage. Moreover, the inclusion of English in the curriculum will promote students' learning more than self-study, there are many cases where students will be interested and motivated when having a teacher teach learning. Besides, if there is no teacher to teach students, they may learn in the wrong direction and not bring high efficiency in learning because nowadays there are countless different self-study materials that are not verified when posted, and without sufficient expertise, students cannot distinguish between official documents and not.

On the other hand, "Students can learn English with resources online by themselves", I agree, but when students learn, they should go through more people with more expertise to see if the source is appropriate. The combination of classroom learning and expanding English knowledge with online resources will help students increase their knowledge significantly.

In summary, I agree with part of the above point of view. Students should combine learning English in class and learning more online materials so that they can have an accurate and rich knowledge of English.

Tô Thị Huyền Trân B2102394