The graphs below show the number of visits to and from the UK between 1979 and 1999 and some destinations of UK citizens traveling abroad

The graphs below show the number of visits to and from the UK between 1979 and 1999, and some destinations of UK citizens traveling abroad.

The first diagram illustrates the information about the number of people visiting and from the UK, while the second bar chart provides information about the UK’s tourist destinations.
Overall, there was an upward trend in the number of both people visiting the UK and travelling overseas. However, the number of foreign tourists in the UK was much smaller. Also, France and Spain accounted for the highest number of British tourists.
Commencing at above 10 million in 1979 to about 20 million in the following five years, the number of British travelled to other nations soared up to more than 50 million in the last reported year. Meanwhile, just 10 million foreigners visited Britain in 1979, doubling in 1989. Then, the figure of world citizens visiting Britain rose, reaching about 28 million in the last year.

Moving to the second bar chart, France and Spain were the most favourable countries for British. The former was travelled by more than 10 million UK’s tourists, while the latter had just below 10 million. Conversely, just a small number of the UK citizens went to the remaining countries (the USA, Greece and Turkey) in which all of them were reported just below 5 million the UK tourists.