The pie charts indicate changes in the proportions of energy produced in a country from 1983 to 2003 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The pie charts indicate changes in the proportions of energy produced in a country from 1983 to 2003.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The two diagrams illustrate changes which have taken place in the inputs of producing energy between 1983 and 2003.

Overall, oil was the most popular source of energy in both years despite a moderate decrease.

To begin with, in 1983, people used oil to produce two-third of the energy. Coming second on the list was coal as it took up 23%, twice lower than that of oil. Twenty years later, the use of oil and coal both reduced to only 38% and 13%, respectively.

On the other hand, the proportion of nuclear power and natural gas witnessed upward trends over the mentioned period. Nuclear power was responsible for one-fourth of the energy produced, compared to only 21% falling into the category of natural gas in the year of 2003. Turning to hydropower, its figures for both years remained unchanged with 4%, being the least common resource to have generated energy.