The table below shows the changes in some household types in Canada from 1984 to 2020 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The given table gives data about differences in household types during a period of 26 years, from 1984 and 2020 in Canada.

First of all, we can see that the highest figure in the table mostly belonged to couples, especially those who had dependent children. Excessively, the lone parents’ percentage was significantly low, which was similar to that of one person.

During the 1984-2020 period, one person and lone parents categories both slightly increased and then reached 12% at the end of 2020. The couples who do not have any children are recorded to have risen slowly by 25% in 2020.

In contrast, the proportion of families with dependent children and non-dependent children had been decreased from 1984 to 2020. In 1984, the figure for the parents with their dependent children registered at approximately above 50% and dramatically dropped to 36% in 2020. Similarly, that of non-dependent children declined insignificantly from 10% to 9%.

Essays by the user: