You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The bar graph shows the global sales in billions of dollars of different types of digital games between 2000 and 2006 Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below Summarise

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The bar graph shows the global sales (in billions of dollars) of different types of digital games between 2000 and 2006.

Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words.

Statistical data on the international sales of various kinds of digital games over a course of seven years, starting from 2000 is illustrated in the given bar graph.

As can be observed explicitly from the chart, most global sales of digital games experienced an upward trend over the period shown. most significantly, the figure for handheld games in sales were the most popular games of all types.

In 2000, while handheld games stood at nearly 12 billion dollars in global sales, console games reached more than half of 6 billion dollars, compared to handheld games. During the period, handheld games increased dramatically and reached a record high of about 18 billion dollars whereas console games decreased considerably by half comprising the first time.

Online games and mobile phone games respectively started in the market in 2001 and 2002 with the figure instituting almost 1 billion and 2 billion dollars after which point both games went up noticeably and were recorded over 8 billion and 6 billion dollars in 2006.