Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give your

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give your own opinions.

Over the last few years, issue regarding public health has garnered a significant attention from a growing number of people. While some believe public health can be reformed by a mere increase in the accessibility to sports facilities among general people, I contend the process demands further concerns.

Growth in the number of sports centres can certainly attribute better health to public in a number of ways. Undeniably, it purveys individuals with an avenue to get some exercise in between their busy, and yet sedentary lifestyle. As a result of advent of many labour-saving devices, both work and recreational aspects of human life have been devoid of physical activities. For instance, most employees are stucked behind a desk the whole day, and while adults relish most of their spare time watching television, playing video games is among the most frequently indulged hobbies in children. This leads to an increased rate of obesity, which comprise the major risk factor for many health hazards like hypertension and diabetes. If sports are enmeshed in the lives of general people, they can keep themselves fit and healthy.

However, improvement in public health can never be without hurdles unless health education and health awareness is made a part of daily living. By making oblivious people, particularly of remote areas, aware of healthy habits, for example, washing hands prior to meal and after defecation, health issues of general people can be rehabilitated significantly. This can be done by launching national campaign about the utmost importance of such habits. People might thus be wary of devastating consequences of their behaviour and try to maintain adherence to healthy living. Until and unless this is not the case, other efforts to amend heath status of a society can be no less than futile.

In summary, although an increase in access to sports facilities can have a significant improvement in public health, more constructive approach would be to supplement the process with public heath education and awareness. Balanced approach can pledge a much better outcome.