Cultural tourism where people travel in order to visit museums monuments and archaeological sites among other things is a growing industry Having so many visitors may sometimes benefit a nation s cultural heritage but can also cause problems To what exten

Cultural tourism, where people travel in order to visit museums, monuments and archaeological sites among other things, is a growing industry. Having so many visitors may sometimes benefit a nation’s cultural heritage, but can also cause problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

In today’s world, as inexpensive flight fares, people can easily travel to several places around the world. Tourism businesses are significantly increasing in many countries. Some people assert that tourism have many benefits to a nation including supporting cultural heritage, however, it also has various impacts on a nation. Personally, I agree with this statement for a couple reasons.

To begin with, it is certainly true that tourism can promote many aspects of a country. The economy is the first thing that is lead from tourism. Having a high number of tourists can definitely boost the local business and many services. Tourists do not support only local businesses but they also generate their money to maintain infrastructures and historical sites. Archaeological sites and national historical sites can improve and maintain for the later generation by supporting from tourists. For example, in my hometown, one of attraction is the most famous temple in a province. With the high number of tourists every year, the temple can accurate budget to launch many campaigns in order to revive our customs and preserve religious traditions.

On the other hand, there are several negative sides of cultural tourism that people also should be considered. Firstly, the environment issue, even though this business can maintain and develop the attractions, having so many tourists also affects the environment of the sites. When tourists travelling, they often leave garbage and sometimes they damage the sites accidentally. Therefore, the historical sites or the surrounding areas of attractions can be destroyed by the tourism eventually. For example, in Thailand, the country which is rely on tourism businesses, are facing the air pollution problems because there are many roads have been built for travelers in order to facilitate the accessibility to different parts of a nation.

In conclusion, although the money from the visitors can generate and support private services and public organizations which will turn to subsidize all infrastructures and essential needs in a nation, this development also has a down side because visitors would pollute the environment, consequently. Hopefully, the development and people in community will find appropriate steps for this development.