Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have a huge negative impact on both individuals and society To what extent do you agree or disagree

Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have a huge negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Social media has become an integral part of life that can hardly be detached, resulting in a negative influence on humankind. I strongly agree with such a perspective as more and more causative issues have been raised.
On the individual scale, the young generation are the ones who appear to support social networks, but they are also the most impressionable target. Vietnam can exemplify this situation. The increasing popularity of social networks such as TikTok, Facebook or YouTube make a tremendous impact on children. Kids do unreasonable and, to a certain extent, dangerous activities, such as putting their heads in the toilet just to find a fictional character named Skibidi based on a video they have watched on social media. Some were reported with serious injuries, whereas some were predicted to have psychological issues. Furthermore, the excessive use of these platforms affects the health in many ways. Doctors have confirmed that the overuse of online social platforms, accompanied by the exaggerated use of phones, causes some problems, including eye-sight, sore neck or backache due to the fact that most people tend to look down on their phones while using them.
These social platforms also bring some detrimental effects on a larger scale – at a societal level. Since the information-checking process on social media may not be entirely impeccable, some false news will be spread widely before someone affirms it. This is particularly noticeable in the case of Vietnamese celebrities. Unwillingly, they often have to correct the fake news regarding their death even though they are completely healthy. Besides, the risk of losing identity immersively rises as there are proofs and trials on the fact that our information is being collected by Facebook or TikTok without the awareness or acceptance of the owner.
In conclusion, I concur that social networking sites have had negative effects on our life in both social and individual levels. The adverse impacts may include misinformation, health problems, identity theft. Therefore, it is vital to use social platforms on restricted screen time with a controlled guidelines and rules to protect the users.