The rise of social media platforms has made it easier for people to vent their frustrations and complaints publicly What is the consequence of this trend Is there any benefit to expressing complaints on social media

The rise of social media platforms has made it easier for people to vent their frustrations and complaints publicly. What is the consequence of this trend? Is there any benefit to expressing complaints on social media?

The higher rate of social media causes people to publish their personal problems and criticisms in the public. This issue have two major effects, yet I believe that this carries out more significant advantages which I will elaborate in the following paragraph.

To begin with, the effect of increasing social networking platforms prompts a wide range of people to become aware of individuals’ issues, revealing privacy and security. If the cybercitizen was familiar with their privateness, the netizen would adjudicate and intimidate them leading to mental health concerns. Take an Korean actor as example, Lee Sun Kyun – considering a suicide after a spread of his alleged illegal drug use. Furthermore, from a business perspective, the customer’ dissatisfactions without appropriate response impel damage to brand reputation. Along with the convenience, people can provoke false accusations and prefer to remove the products from their list. For instance, Esteh, an Indonesian beverage brand, receives lower revenue after some critics of high proportion of sugar in their products.

By contrast, from my view, complaints on digital platforms will encourage brands to evaluate and improve their productions. The better quality the products are offered, the more loyal the customers will be. Indihome, an Indonesian internet provider, receives criticism on X twitter against its low-speed internet, hence it upgrades various types of internet bandwidth. Moreover, those testimonies can uphold quality standards to enhance company growth. As a result, the employees can take higher consciousness and innovation in designing product materials. A company culture is closely related to consumer complaints, in which reinforcing corporate policy management can boost the higher service rates.

To sum up, the soaring number of digital social networks carries out some effects including privacy concerns and diminishing brand performance. Meanwhile, I accord with this issue that brings significant merits, such as improving product quality and upgrading business strategies.