Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and maththematics Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and maththematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

In school, students study various subjects to enhence their understanding about different areas of life. Some people say that it is more important for students to study History and Literature, while other have the opposite idea. In my opinion, I disagree with the statement that studying history and literature is more important than studying science and math for students.

First of all, studying science and math allows students to process tasks more efficiently. Science uses a set of logical approaches to solve a problem, and usually it achieves the goal in an optimal way. If we can apply the scientific method to affairs encountered in daily life, things can thus be accomplished efficiently. For example, when students leave schools and enter the working world, their supervisors might ask them to accomplish three to five different projects simultaneously before a certain deadline. Most of the graduates will struggle in this situation because of the great amount of work. But if they can apply maththematics to optimize their time management, things can be done in a proper order and projects are thus handled efficiently. Therefore, it is important for students to learn science and math when compared to history and literature.

Second, knowledge of science and math enables students to make contribution to the society. In this era of technology, our life is revolving around science. Scientists and inventors create things and make innovation to build our world. To be more specific, automobiles cannot be realized without chemical knowledge of excavating and refining crude oil. Communication system is operated under theories of complicated maththematics formulas. If we can build our science knowledge in school beforehand and apply them in the future, such useful and novel creation will be the norm. It not only leads to huge profits—in terms of patent, for individual, but also makes advancement for civilizatoin. Thus, the priority should be given to science and maththematics when we have the debate shown in the prompt.

Admittedly, some people might argue that it is more important for students to study history and literature. These subjects can teach students the skill sets they will need in the future. For instance, in history courses, students can learn to tackle with vast amounts of information when they do their reading assignment about historical documents. Besides, literature can help students build critical thinking skills. There are lots of symbolism within the pages of a book. Students will develop the ability to find the hidden meanings and to interpretate them critically when exposed to classic literature. Both skills play a vital role for students’ career.

Although studying history and literature bring lots of benefits to sutdents, the advantages of studying science and maththematics are more obvious. With the knowledge of science and maththematics, students can make efficiency when dealing with personal affairs and our society will become better. Hence, I disagree with the statement.