Your professor is teaching a class on education Write a post responding to the professor s question In your response you should express and support your personal opinion make a contribution to the discussion in your own words An effective response will co

Your professor is teaching a class on education. Write a post responding to the

professor’s question.

In your response, you should

express and support your personal opinion

make a contribution to the discussion in your own words

An effective response will contain at least 100 words. You have ten minutes to write.

Professor Davis

Professor:

As we all know, the education system plays a crucial role in shaping the future of any society by providing a strong foundation for the upcoming generations. However, there are different ways of instruction for high school teachers across the nation and this has led to a debate on their merits. Which approach would you argue is better—teacher centered education or student-centered education? Why?

Alisa

Alisa:

I strongly believe that teacher-centered education is the better approach for high school instruction. In this type of education, the teacher is the expert and the students are there to learn from them. This approach ensures that students receive a comprehensive and structured education that covers all necessary topics. It may seem like a good idea that student-centered education places the focus on the student's interests and preferences, but it often results in a lack of structure and a failure to cover important topics.

Jason

Jason:

Unlike Alisa, I strongly believe that student-centered education is the better approach. I mean, this method prioritizes the needs and interests of the students, allowing them to take an active role in their own learning. It is more likely for them to retain information and develop critical thinking skills. Also, such an education promotes collaboration and communication among peers, preparing students for the real world where teamwork is essential. Therefore, I think the student-centered way of instruction is better.

I would subscribe to Jason’s idea that student-centered education is much preferable. In addition to the benefits of fostering a supportive community and promoting collaboration, another important point to consider relates to students’ learning preferences and the cultivation of their self-assurance during the learning journey. In a traditional lecture-style approach, the teacher asks questions at the end of the session by choosing students at random. This can be intimidating and daunting, especially if students are unsure of the answer and are expected to speak in front of the entire class. In contrast, group work and discussions provide a more conducive environment for students to build their confidence and knowledge before presenting in front of the class. By engaging in group-based conversations and activities, students would certainly feel more confident to speak to the teacher and the class. Therefore, in comparison with the lecture-style approach, student centered education empowers students to take ownership of their learning and enhances their confidence.