Fifteen years ago Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors Since that time Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes and overall student

The author concludes that Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors to ensure that its graduates secure better jobs. The authors bases this argument from the fact that after the implementation of student evaluation of teachers there has been a 30 percent rise in student grades prompting potential employers to believe that these grades are inflated which leads to limited success of the students in securing good jobs when compared to nearby Alpha University. The premise as stated by the author has some fallacies and I shall suggest ways to improve the reasoning so that the argument has some validity.
Firstly, the argument assumes that the nearby Alpha University has not implemented the evaluation of teachers by the students unlike Omega university. Further it has been assumed that since there is no evaluation of professors by students the marks received by the students of Alpha University are just. The authors also assumes although the marks received by the students of Alpha University are not as high as Omega University the Alpha University students are able to secure better jobs.
Secondly, the author has not provided any information about the skillset possessed by the students of both the universities. The author assumes that getting jobs is solely based on the grades of students. The students of the Alpha University might posses certain Skillset that make them more attractable to potential employers which helps them to secure better jobs.
Additionally, the author assumes that the students of Omega University do not deserve such high grades rather, the professors to get good evaluation by students appeases them by assigning higher grades to them . Further the author assumes that the quality of teaching in class and the quality of students have not improved significantly which might lead to improvement in grades.
The author has left out significant evidences while reaching the conclusion. The author must include information that whether there is student evaluation of professors in Alpha University , the skillset possessed by the students of both the Universities required for getting a job , the student and teaching quality in Omega University to make the argument more plausible.

Essays by the user: