The graph below shows the changes in maximum number of Asian elephants between 1994 and 2007 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The given line graph illustrates the Asian elephants changing in maximum number over the period of 13 years.
Overall, it can be clearly seen that the number of elephants in 1997 was far higher than that in the year 2004. In addition, India witnessed the highest rate of elephants over the given period of years.
In detail, the figures for elephants in India and Myanmar in 1997 experienced much higher than that of other countries, at under 10000 for India, which was two times higher than Myanmar, with just under 5000. However, these figures fell slightly in 2004 but they still continue to be the nations having the largest number of elephants, at nearly 7500 and 4800 respectively.
In contrast, Thailand, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka were almost the same figures, with around 3000 elephants in 1997; whereas, in the next 13 years, a significant decline was seen in these countries, with under 3000 for Sri Lanka, and just over 1000 for Malaysia and Thailand. Looking at the remaining nations, had the lowest number of elephants, with just around 1000 elephants in 1997. In the year 2004, Cambodia saw a slight increase of nearly 100 elephants, while Vietnam and China insignificantly dropped, at over 1000 for Vietnam, and just nearly 500 for China. On the other hand, the figures in Laos remained unchanged.

Essays by the user: