the number of male and female research students who were studying in six different subjects in an US university in 2011.

The bar graphs elucidate the number of male and female research students who were studying in six different subjects in an US university in 2011. Those subjects are categorised into literature and science areas.

At a glance of the bar graphs, the more number of male students is attending this university than those of female students. Most popular subject amongst students was natural science regardless of genders. The most male students studied in a science-related subject such as math, engineering, natural science and computer programming whereas females studied in other areas (literature).

In 2011, the most popular subject for both genders was psychology with a little number of male students ahead of female (170 for female and 200 for male). The male dominant subject was mathematics whereas most female preferred to study in literature. While maximum number of men studied in mathematics and almost 70 in literature while almost 40 women had studied in former subject and tripled the amount of those in mathematics studied in latter subject.

The least popular subjects were engineering and programming except with the little more preference for male students. An equal number of male students studied in both subjects of 150 whereas the least amount of women (around 40) students can be found in programming subject.