Many manufactured food and drink products contain high levels of sugar which causes many health problems Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar Do you agree or disagree

Many manufactured food and drink products contain high levels of sugar, which causes many health problems. Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar. Do you agree or disagree?

Many manufactured food and drink products contain high levels of sugar, which causes many health problems [background]. Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar [issue]. Do you agree or disagree?Excessive sugar content in the food and beverage industry prompts health concerns and they should be sold at a high-priced. Personally, I share the same perspective with some reasonable points which I will elaborate in the ensuing paragraph.

On the one side, in my viewpoint, a greater price of sugary products has disastrous effects on low health-conscious people. The less nutritional awareness the person has, the less sweetened food and beverages the one will consume. Along with the expansion of nutrition knowledge led by parents, the young children have higher opportunities living healthier lives. Furthermore, a soaring cost of items reduces the sales, leading to high employment rate and unexpected layoff of many labourers due to the less profit. The micro-small and medium enterprises as an example, the entrepreneurs are threatened to close their business – the inability to survive with expensive new raw materials for shifting to non-sugar products.

On the other side, the overpriced sugar-laden food and beverages hinder people from being addicted to such products, preferring to purchase healthier nutritional contents. If consumers reduced their sweet consumption, they would strengthen the public health quality. More than 1 million people around the world have died because of diabetes for years. Moreover, an assertive action from FnB companies cutting down on sugar is closely related to how modern society changes their habits. For instance, over half of Americans with too much sugar consumption are advised to discontinue, refreshing to healthier nutritional values.

To sum up, it seems to me that raising the price of sweet manufactured products brings more significant benefits. Those include lowering the chance to suffer from chronic diseases and shrinking unhealthy dietary habits. This is provided that the enterprises can keep a labouring society.