Competition among friends usually has a negative effect on friendship

Competition among friends usually has a negative effect on friendship.

With the rapid development of modern society, competition among different groups is saturated in nearly every aspect of our daily life. While it is actually more common to compete with one's co-workers or classmates, it is not rare to see people competing with his friends. Therefore, a hot-debated topic arises: whether or not it is beneficial to friendship if competition appears. Personally, I hold the opposite point of view for the following reasons.

First and foremost, people are likely to prioritize profit or money more than friends when it comes to competition, which may lead to the end of even a close friendship. As is known to all, competition is usually closely related to money, and individuals have the tendency to take actions for the sake of money, since material satisfactory is what they place much greater importance on. Thus, they tend to ignore certain friendship in the competition in order to have a better performance. It is not hard to imagine how sad their friends would be when feeling themselves less significant than money during competition, and therefore 缺主语 bring unhealthy influence to friendship.

Another point worth mentioning is that competition among friendship is filled with comparasion comparison, which indirectly induce people to elevate themselves by draging dragging their competitors down. To state it more concisely, it is comparasion that makes it crystal clear who is better between two individuals. Someone may manage to show their brilliance by impeding their friends' way to success. For instance, my brother Jack was a top student in his class. His teacher ranked the class班内排名after every exam. Once Jack was badly sick and absent from school, hoping his friend Ken would lend him his note taken in class and tell him the homework. However, Ken did not reply a single word since he innocently thought this could prevent Jack from overriding surpassing him / getting good grades in the coming exam. Hence, their friendship came to an end because of Ken's fear of competition. Score above him

Admittedly, under some circumstances, competition can strengthen friendship from time to time. Provided that wo people compete for running, both of them could run much faster than running alone, so they would be grateful for each other. Nevertheless, it seems pale compared with many a downside listed above. To put it into a nutshell, people are well-advised to avoid competing with our friends, as it will be harmful to their valued friendship.