People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries

People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.

I think that people benefit more from traveling to foreign countries. I travel to experience new sights, cultures and food. How can you do that if you just travel in your own country? You have to go to South America to see the great work that Native Americans made centuries ago, to Spain to be greeted with the Spaniards’ hospitality and to Japan to eat authentic Japanese-style barbecued eel. By travelling in your own country, you won’t experience anything new – you’ll still see the things you’re used to see, be in the same culture as your own and eat the same things you always eat.
In addition to that, travelling to another country gives you the perfect excuse to learn a new language. For example, I’m planning to go to France next year, and I’ve already started learning basic French with the help of apps on my mobile phone. Learning a new language is a wonderful thing, as it not only helps you get around in foreign countries, but also makes you attractive in the job market. If you’re travelling in your own country, you will never truly need to learn a new language, and will therefore miss out on the opportunity that it brings.
One of my favorite things to do when I’m travelling is to go shopping – and nothing is more fun than to shop in foreign countries. I’m not saying that you won’t be able to shop if you’re travelling in your own country. What I am saying is that you’ll be able to buy things abroad that you won’t be able to buy back home. For instance, when I was in Japan I bought a beautiful necklace made from a rare black pearl. I wouldn’t have been able to buy it if I never went to Japan!
To conclude, I would like to say that I disagree with the statement. People benefit more from travelling to foreign countries than from travelling in their own country. This is because one will be able to experience new things, learn new languages and buy exclusive items when travelling abroad.