Large businesses have big budgets for marketing and promotion and as a result people gravitate towards buying their products What problems does this cause What could be done to encourage to buy local products

Large businesses have big budgets for marketing and promotion and as a result, people gravitate towards buying their products. What problems does this cause? What could be done to encourage to buy local products?

It is a fact that many multinational corporations put a great deal of their capital into enhancing people’s awareness of their products, thus boosting their sales. This, correspondingly, does considerable harm to the consumption of local goods. There is a myriad of problems associated with this upsetting trend and appropriate steps need to be taken to alleviate them.
With regards to the issues arising from this tendency, both local companies and local people are seriously and adversely affected. Firstly, if fewer users buy their products, their overturn will drop and the possible consequence is they may have to close down. For example, there are many small home-run candy businesses in my hometown which were forced to go bust as they have no more customers for their products due to the predominance of western imported brands. The closure of these has led to the second concern – job losses among local employees. Many of them are unskilled workers whose only skill is used in the jobs that they have lost. As a result, many of them find themselves unemployed and struggling with their daily expenses. The worst-case scenario is they could turn to crime.
To tackle this issue, however, there are a number of measures to be implemented. obviously, the concerted effort from the authorities and individuals is of utmost importance. In the first place, the government should introduce support or aid programs for small and medium-sized local businesses. One idea is that funfairs or exhibitions of local merchandises should be held yearly to introduce them to a wider cycle of consumers. Of no less importance is the innovation and ability to adapt to the constantly changing environment on the side of the traders. They need to be willing to embrace new technological updates. Besides, it is just as critical for them to learn and understand the demands of their consumers. Take the manufacturing of cars for example. Today, most car buyers would choose energy-efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles. Hence, if a local business is looking at this sector, they should make take this concern into serious consideration.
In summary, there are more than one problem to be concerned about the fact that business giants dominate the market. Therefore, a collaborative action should be implemented between the government and local businesses to help mitigate this matter.