Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the gorvernment rather than private companies Do you agree or disagree

Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the gorvernment rather than private companies. Do you agree or disagree?

In this day and age, it is commonly argued that in lieu of privately owned enterprises, the governments ought to totally exert their authorities to conduct and manage entirely scientific studies. Therefore, this essay will explain the main reason behind my argument for the idea encouraging governments’ funding and supervise these research.
Personally, the aformentioned view could favorable due to numerous reasons. The advocate of this argument completely assert that in terms of quality of research itself, with the aim of maximizing profit, a range of corporations which undertake this might be tempted to manipulate thoroughly the research procedure in order to have the results with the lowest expenses. Owing to this, there were several severe consequences due to the inadequate trial of new products before being introduced hurriedly. Thalidomide – a product developed by a Germany company, perfectly exemplifies this situation. The lack of cautious research process and trial period of this medicine resulted in the one of most detrimental artificial disasters ever - the birth of thousands of malformed children since 1960.
Furthermore, although governments have to allocate resources to many aspects of public spending, it is essential that they are responsible for scientific reasearch. By means of government funding, the highest standards could be set in university departments to wholly serve for purely scientific purposes and aim at benefiting society, not to break into new markets or to gain a competitive edge. Hence, knowledge gained could be shared worldwide throughout the academic community to continuously apply into later research. For instance, Vietnam has approved the legislation that government would control all scientific research in 1900 and since then, this country are getting more and more innovated on account of the authority’s efforts on expanding the financial support for every science areas.
In conclusion, it is clear to me that it would be better the fundamental function of government is not deniable in funding and controlling scientific aspects.