Children should allow having a pet

Children should allow having a pet.

Whether kids should allow having their pets? I agree with this idea, and I consider this is an excellent lesson for their childhood.

Firstly, taking care of pets can build up responsibility. When a little friend joined the family, our kids were super excited about it for the first few days. Soon, when the first month passed, kids started to realize that there was much work to do. For example, if it is a dog, you have to walk him every day with a leash and bring the dog to see the doctor regularly. You can not skip any of those. Even when the dog bark at your neighbor, it is your work to train them. Therefore, kids who experience so much work can sense responsibility.

Secondly, taking care of pets can enhance compassion. During a time with pets, they will know how to care about others. Pet is not a toy, and you cannot force them to do anything you want. Instead, you have to love them and treat them well. When kids interact with their pets, they get more chances to feel others' feelings, even those not human. With an independent cat, the cat family kids tend to understand and respect someone who needs more space. With a loyal dog, kids know there might be someone always there for them. And such a unique experience to deeply understand and love others shifts their attention only from their perspective.

Thirdly, taking care of pets rewards a more joyful time. The little being who stays at your home can significantly contribute to your happiness. Those families who won a pet can often have a more cheerful play with their dog or cat. The little friend will give you a warm welcome at the doorway whenever you return home. Sometimes, your son may jog across the neighborhood with your dog in the early morning. Sometimes, your isolated cat would like to sit beside you when you read a book or your daughter paint a picture—such companionship offered by our pets levels up your spirit.

All in all, if parents permit to have a ped, it will be an advantageous element for kids' growth.